Friday 26 September 2014

Exercising to lose weight or keep fit?



People have different ways of looking after their health; be it by regulating what and how they eat, exercising or even taking pills. As a non-professional athlete, I go jogging. 
Some time ago, I tried (from work) to go to the gym at lunch time. It turned out to be very tedious because of the distance and time spent changing into and out of the training gear during such a short period of time. At the end of the day, I ended up working out fewer minutes than expected. 
I tried going after work but the timing and distance did not suit me as I ended up going home very late.  
Finally, I decided to go jogging in the area where I live. I go in the evening after work during the week. From my daily schedule, it is impossible to go first thing in the morning, but I sometimes go in the morning at the weekend. The only one thing that can stop me is the rain; I hate jogging when it is raining. 
Some people say that jogging affects the muscles and the knees. Others say that it can firm the body and strengthen the muscles, but with no noticeable weight lost.  
I know that there are options of going to classes and doing other types of exercise in the gym but I opted for jogging mainly because it is done outdoors (with some fresh air) and the timing suits my schedule. It works perfectly for me. 
Are you exercising with "losing weight" or "keeping fit" in mind? 
I do not know about you, but I try to keep my mind off losing weight and focus on keeping fit because of the stress and anxiety involved in trying to figure out if the number on the scale has dropped or not. I can easily tell from the fitting of my clothes and my outlook if things are working. 
Do you check your weight every day? 

This can be frustrating. You will end up hating, cursing and throwing the scale out of the window. 

What type of exercise do you prefer and how do you feel about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts